Friday, February 17, 2012

I Couldn't Help Myself!

I just couldn't get the idea of the St. Patrick's Day
bookmarks out of my head!

Here's what I wanted as opposed to what I ended up with.

I wanted a shamrock shaped paper punch.  Not a one to be found. 
I ended up looking for stickers.

I wanted pot-of-gold stickers.  Not any to be found. 
I ended up with metallic shamrock stickers.

I wanted thin rainbow ribbon to match the pot-of-gold I ended up not getting. 
No thin ribbon, only thick.
So, I used that and also purchased some spools of rainbow color ribbons.

Either way, I love how they came out!  My friends are going be very happy!
I am also happy to report that I am a quick learner. 
When I went for my paint chips, there was no Hot Passion Pink this time! 
By the way, come back tomorrow.  I am posting a give-away for some fun things I think you will like!

10 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I think I need to make a trip to Home Depot for some paint chips.

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I think they came out adorably, even if they weren't your initial vision. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!! The stickers are perfect and I love the thin rainbow ribbons!!
    ❤Teri

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! The kids will love them and they look great, even if they weren't what you first imagined. :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bookmarks!!! They turned out adorable! I need to take a trip to the home improvement store to get some paint chips! And I love how you did them for Valentine's Day too! Maybe there will be an Easter one coming up soon? My kids can never have enough bookmarks!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  6. where did you get the paint chips? I see the ones you found do not have any writing on the front! Perfect! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was Home Depot. They actually did have writing on the front. They were really wide paint chips. I trimmed off the part with the writing.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing! I featured you over on my blog, Simply Living, today. Please feel free to stop by and check it out!

    http://www.simplylivingjen.com/2016/03/07/rainbows-and-pots-of-gold-in-preschool/

    ReplyDelete