Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Life Events Inspire Your Teaching!

I just registered for The Color Run here in New Jersey! 
 I am really just so excited to do this!
One of my goals this year was to make fitness fun.  
If this doesn't do that, I don't know what will!

So, why am I posting about a 5K on my ed blog?  
Because as I was registering I kept thinking,

 "This will be a GREAT writing topic 
to share with my friends!"  

Just the pictures alone are great prompts for creative writing tasks, grammar lessons on adjectives, and so much more.  The pictures above are from The Color Run's website.  I can't wait for this event. Tell me I won't be able to write an awesome personal narrative on this!!  I suggest visiting their site and seeing if there is one near you!

What life events have 
inspired you in the classroom?

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I am organizing a team right now to do this with in September. That's so great that you signed up!

    Randi
    Teach It With Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so many friends that participated in the local color runs here in Missouri - they had an amazing time! I plan to do it next year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just participated in it this past weekend!!! I LOVED IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another teacher and I ran in Louisville last weekend. It was a blast. We'll be sharing photos for writing and storytelling inspiration in our classes and using our number bibs as examples when we talk about the KY Derby events next spring. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! I ran in the Kansas City Color Run the end of June and had a great time! I would love to do it again and I will be sharing it with my friends this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible. I immediately went to the website to find a run near me. Very cool!!

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like so much fun. I wish everyday would be just like a color run. Could you imagine how much happier and more fun everyday events would be?!

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this last year and it is a blast. Wear a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I participated in Tulsa, OK in June. It was a blast! I took my two kids with me, they are 9 & 11. It happened to be on my son's birthday ~ he considered it one of his presents. :-) My entire family is wanting to go next year after hearing us talk about it and looking at all of our pictures.

    ReplyDelete