Saturday, June 14, 2014

Weekend Words: Did I Say That?

Things I've said this week as a teacher 
that normal people say:

Tie your shoes.

Put the cap back on the marker when you are done.

Please wait your turn.

Did you finish your work?

Don't forget to wash your hands.


Things I've said this week as a teacher 
that normal people don't say:

No, licking your hands is not the same as washing your hands.

Take that pencil out of your nose right now.

Please don't be upset. I promise he was just kidding with you 
and isn't really going to Mars for his summer vacation.

We have tissues for that!!!!!

Just because the owl already digested what was in the pellet 
does NOT mean it is clean enough for you to eat.

Stop sniffing his socks!

Yogurt is a great snack, 
just not after it has been sitting in your desk for two days.

And, I actually found myself saying this one. . . 

Just 9 more days, 9 more days, 9 more days. . . 



5 comments:

  1. The things we end up saying! I need to start writing them down, so I will remember! You would think by 5th grade some of these would have resolved themselves...but, no.
    ~Kristen
    Teaching Trio
    Chalk & Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my school,. the teachers always say we should pool our funny moments and write a book!

      Delete
  2. Ah, kids! The owl pellet one made me gag a little. Ew!!

    ReplyDelete